The Baby Animals mod adds baby versions of the friendly mobs in Minecraft. This version is compatible with the newest version of Minecraft, 1.4_01. Some on the features include:
- Ability to tame baby animals. Do this by giving them wheat.
- Ability to have a baby animal follow you. Do this by giving them seeds. Don’t move too fast or they’ll get lost!
- Right click on the animals with an empty hand and they’ll stop following you.
- To make babies ‘wild’ again you can give them yucky cactus greens.
- Thrown eggs have a small chance of hatching chicks.
- Baby animals will not follow adults.
- Tamed baby animals can turn into adults by giving them a birthday cake.
- The adult is permanently tamed and will still follow you if you offer it seeds.
- Tame sheep can be dyed like wild sheep. To shear them, right-click on them with a piece of flint. Their wool grows back in a full Minecraft day (20 minutes).
- Tame pigs can be saddled, but not controlled. Right click with a stick to ride/dismount. Once the saddle is put on, it does not come off.
- Tame chickens lay eggs every 5-10 minutes
- If you give another cake to a tamed cow, sheep or pig, they become ‘pregnant’ and have a baby in 9, 5, or 4 full Minecraft Days, respectively. Sleeping does not speed this up, it will take 20 minutes times the number of days. They might also have twins (1/32 chance.)
- Redstone dust can be used to restore full health to tame animals.
- It will also regrow sheep fur instantly, makes chickens lay an egg instantly, and will cause a pregnant animal to give birth instantly.
To install this mod, first you will need to download the required files.
Once you have downloaded these files, follow these easy instructions:
Add ModLoader following to Minecraft.jar
- Add spawnlist.class to Minecraft.jar.
- Add AudioMod to Minecraft.jar
- Drag the mod folder into the .minecraft/resources folder
- Drag the .png files from mob into the mob folder in minecraft.jar
- Drag the class files into minecraft.jar.